Summer Internship – Writer / Editor for Technology Marketing
For the Smart, Healthy Communities Initiative, University of Illinois
Public Relations / Customer Service Position Number: 45566
Search closes June 2022
Writer needed for technology marketing. Hourly, approximately 20 hr / wk. Write and edit internal and external communications for the Rokwire open-source software project and its apps.
The Smart, Healthy Communities Initiative seeks a talented, experienced technology marketing writer to craft and edit a variety of content for digital platforms and print publications. Working with the initiative’s leadership team, the writer will develop content that tells the story of our software products, the Rokwire platform and the Illinois app
- Help create digital content for various audiences.
- Help maintain organization websites.
- Conduct online and on-the-ground primary research for blog posts, social media posts, event content, articles, guides, customer stories, newsletters, and other content.
- Write user stories from the perspective of individuals, groups, and campuses.
- Develop scripts for short videos.
- Review and edit content of others.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Degree in Creative Writing, Communications, Journalism, Advertising, English, Computer Science, or other relevant discipline
Experience and Abilities:
- Fresh, accessible copywriting style
- Strong knowledge of English and editing standards
- Experience writing promotions, client case studies, press releases, ads
- Experience writing about software technology
- Ability to brainstorm, give constructive feedback, write and edit collaboratively in a team
- Familiarity with consumer software development
- Previous professional writing experience
- Experience with WordPress
Send cover letter, resume, and brief sample of your writing about software technology and/or promotional writing.
Please respond by email to:
Communications Director, Smart, Healthy Communities Initiative